Get the Turbine’s Real Power and Increase Engine Torque!
All HKS Intercoolers improve both the efficiency and power of any turbocharged application by rapidly reducing inherent heat levels of the compressed intake air charge before entering the engine. By utilizing a special tube and fin design, the intercooler acts as a large heat exchanger that dissipates the heat generated by the compression of the intake charge without creating reductions in boost pressure or response.
S TYPE INTERCOOLER
S TYPE is designed for street use; ideal for stock vehicles, lightly tuned vehicles, and for vehicles with stock replacement type turbines. The engine response under street driving and performance at a mid to high speed range are well-balanced.
(1) Inner fin
1. Short type – We have adopted short type that the pitch is optimized for fin shape, for small and light to improve the cooling efficiency.
2. Triangular straight type – We adopted triangular straight type for less pressure loss of air flow.
(2) Outer Fin(triangular louver type)
– Cooling efficiency improved with louver because of the shorter length and angle of the fin. – Wide surface of louver make it more efficient in cooling.
R TYPE INTERCOOLER
R TYPE is designed for circuit use; ideal to use with a stock replacement type turbine to wastegate type large size turbine. This intercooler derives better turbine performance regardless the engine rpm during driving on a straight track and acceleration after cornering.
The weight is approximately 25% lighter than a conventional product. (In-house comparison).
(1) Inner Fin (triangular straight type)
We adopted triangular straight type for less pressure loss of air flow.
(2) Outer Fin (triangular louver type)
Like S TYPE, we adopted triangular louver type for outer fin.
R-TYPE INTERCOOLER KIT V-SYSTEM
Large capacity Intercooler core, which handles up to 500PS, and radiator are V mounted. Specially designed for FD3S RX-7. Because of the design, cooling air is used efficiently. For street, circuit and drift.
GT TYPE INTERCOOLER
Ultimate Cooling Performance. Recommended for drag/race applications.
Redesign of the fin’s shape reduced the weight by 10% of the conventional core maintaining the original performance (except some applications.). Performance Evolution